My Guide Website?
Budapest: Széchenyi Spa Full Day with Optional Pálinka Tour11479 Reviews
Relax at Széchenyi, the most famous spa in Budapest, and enjoy an optional free interactive pálinka spirits-tasting tour where you will discover more of the history and culture of Hungary.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Budapest:If youʻre booking your trip to Budapest last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Enjoy a whole day at the spa with your tickets
- Experience Budapest’s largest thermal spring bath complex
- Take advantage of the spa’s 3 outdoor and 15 indoor pools
- Partake in guided tour and tasting at the Palinka Experience
- Get access to 2 venues with just one ticket
DescriptionBook your full-day ticket to the Széchenyi Bath in advance and take advantage of complimentary tasting of Hungary's famous spirit 'pálinka' on an optional guided tour inside the Pálinka Museum. The Széchenyi Bath is the largest thermal spring bath complex not only in Budapest but in Europe as well. It was built in 1913 in a Neo-baroque style. At the time it opened its baths were private, having separate steam baths for men and women, as well as different public baths for men and women. In 1927, the spa complex was expanded and today it comprises 3 outdoor and 15 indoor pools. After its expansion, the thermal artesian wasn’t adequate to supply the spa, so a new well was drilled. The second thermal spring dates from 1938. Towels and swimsuits are available for purchase only, no rental. Please note that swimsuits that cover the entire body are not permitted. During your visit, blow off some steam at the pools of Széchenyi Spa (built-in 1913.), which is Europe’s largest healing bath with its 15 indoor, and 3 grand outdoor pools. Pools are of varying temperatures, between 18 to 38 °C (64 to 100 °F). The complex covering 6220 square meters (67000 sq ft) also includes saunas and a steam bath. Afterward, discover a hidden gem in the city center to taste some Hungarian pálinka (spirits; non-alcoholic drinks are also available). Differently from whiskey or vodka, pálinka is made exclusively from different sorts of fruits and has an aromatic smell. Inside the Pálinka Museum's interactive exhibits, you will learn about its birth, tradition, and history. That’s why Hungary's Pálinka Act of Parliament exists which regulates and protects the production and quality of palinka.
IncludesSzéchenyi Spa daily entry ticket Full-day use of locker or cabin Guided tour in the Palinka Museum (separate venue) Tasting of a 2cl palinka or choice of non-alcoholic drink
- The facility closes at 7:00 PM but you must arrive before 5:00 PM. Your ticket is valid only for one-time entry Palinka Museum is open every day from 2 PM until 11 PM You can go to the 2 programs on separate days as well Disclaimer: Pools and saunas are subject to regular maintenance while they are out of order for short periods Please check the official website's news section for updated information about maintenance