My Guide Website?
Lake Balaton Full-Day Tour from Budapest67 Reviews
Experience the majestic beauty of Europe’s largest freshwater lake on a 10-hour tour to Lake Balaton from Budapest. Stop in small towns such as Balatonfüred, where you will take a short trip by nostalgic train. Marvel at the Tihany Peninsula, and more.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Budapest:If youʻre booking your trip to Budapest last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Experience the beauty of Lake Balaton, Central Europe's largest freshwater lake
- Take a cruise across the shimmering waters of Lake Balaton
- Ride the nostalgia train in the resort town of Balatonfüred
- Stroll along a picturesque promenade with beautiful Balaton views
- Discover the vineyards and rich architecture of the Tihany Peninsula
DescriptionSpend the day in the lovely landscapes of Central Europe’s largest freshwater lake on a full-day tour of Lake Balaton. Depart Budapest and travel by air-conditioned coach to the small town of Balatonfüred. Located on the north shore of Lake Balaton, the town’s highlights include as sightseeing trip by “nostalgia train.” Next, take a 1-hour cruise on Lake Balaton, before some free time to take a stroll along the picturesque promenade and enjoy some lunch (own expense). Drive to the Tihany Peninsula to see why it was designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The area is rich with architecture and vineyards that produce the local wine. Get a unique view of Lake Balaton before going to the Abbey of Tihany, founded in 1055 by the Hungarian King András. Transfer back to Budapest for a drop off at your hotel and the end of the tour services.
IncludesHotel pickup Transportation by air-conditioned bus Guide Photo stops Boat and nostalgia train trips
- Please note that the hotel pick up is only available for hotels in the city center
- The supplier is not responsible for any road closures