My Guide Website?
Budapest: Self-Guided Bike Tour to Szentendre with Return18 Reviews
Experience a self-guided bicycle ride from Downtown Budapest to the artist's village of Szentendre at the Danube. Cycle a scenic 25 KM through a forest and have the chance to return by boat or train with this ticket.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Budapest:If youʻre booking your trip to Budapest last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Feel your heart pumping as you explore Budapest and its countryside by bike
- Bike over Margaret Bridge to explore Budapest's 'Green Lung' Margaret Island
- Enjoy a self-guided bike tour through Budapest to Szentendre with Danube views
- Return on a scenic Danube boat ride or through through the countryside by train
- Explore downtown Budapest, passing St. Stephens, and see the Jewish Quarter
DescriptionExplore Budapest and Szentendre on this self-guided bike tour. Bike through the Jewish Quarter, see the quaint village of Szentendre, and return to town by boat or train. Pick up your bike in Budapest and begin your self-guided journey. Cycle through the historic Jewish Quarter, passing the massive Dohany Synagogue. Continue through the city center to reach the Danube River. Follow marked paths and scenic routes to see St. Stephen's Basilica, the Financial District, and Liberty Square before reaching the Parliament. Take a quick break to enjoy a stunning view of the river bank before continuing over Margaret Bridge to reach Margarete Island. Cross the island to the north. Pass under Arpad Bridge to reach a bike path leading to the Old Town of Buda. Bike along the old cobblestone streets through historic buildings before reaching the Danube Bicycle Trail. Follow the path through a magical forest and pass Lupa Lake, an artificial lake with crystal clear water. If you wish, stop for a quick swim to cool off (entry fee not included). Continue on a newly built bike path to Szentendre, an idyllic city on the banks of the Danube River. Explore the town on foot, stopping to relax on a sandy beach or enjoying a drink or meal at one of the many local bars and restaurants. Once you've explored Szentendre, bring your bike back to Bupadest. From Friday to Saturday, hop on a boat at 5:00 P.M. back to town. During the week, take a regional train.
IncludesBike Helmet Lock Service kit with pump and extra inner tubes (on request) Bottled water Route information Ticket for boat or train (depending on option selected)
- This tour is a self-guided tour The boat usually runs Friday-Sunday at 5:00 P.M. but may be canceled due to weather or the water level in the Danube To give yourself time to take the boat home, begin your bike tour by 1:00 P.M. Children's bicycles are available in a limited number To bring your bikes on the boat or train, arrive early