My Guide Website?
Budapest: Jewish District Private Walking Tour4 Reviews
Explore the history, street food, bars, and street art in Budapest’s Jewish Quarter! Ticket prices are not included! Interior visits of the synagouges are optional!
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Budapest:If youʻre booking your trip to Budapest last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover the riches of Jewish heritage in the city
- Get acquainted with one of the original ruin bars, Szimpla Kert
- Learn of present and past Jewish life in Budapest in the Grand Synagogue
- See famous murals and underground street art in the Jewish Quarter
DescriptionAfter being picked up by your guide, you will visit Rumbach Street’s synagogue. The building has been recently restored to breathtaking beauty and maintains a detailed history. Next, you will continue on to the second synagogue visit on Dohány Street – the biggest synagogue in all of Europe. Continue to the Hungarian Jewish Museum with your guide. You will also see the Raoul Wallenberg Memorial Garden and the garden’s famous Tree of Life monument. Next, your guide will take you to Gozsdu Court, the food and beverage district. Afterward, you will visit the Kazinczy Street Orthodox Synagogue. This final synagogue visit shows off its Art Nouveau architecture, which you can also explore through the inside of the building as well. Your guide will take you next to the bohemian side of the Jewish Quarter, where you will be able to try some of the drinks at the famous, so-called ruin bar, Szimpla Garden. Along the whole tour, you can take in the famous murals and street art of Budapest.
IncludesYour guide meets you at your hotel or wherever you please
- The synagogues are closed on Friday afternoons, Saturdays, and on Jewish high holidays
- Contact us in advance if you need wheelchair assistance on this tour
- Entrance tickets are not included in the price! Interior visits of the synagogues are optional!