My Guide Website?
Life Under Communism with House of Terror or Statue Park7 Reviews
Travel back in time and experience for yourself what life was like during the communist era in Budapest. This educational lecture and three-hour tour will provide an amazing personal account of everyday life in the 1960s and up to late ‘80s.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Budapest:If youʻre booking your trip to Budapest last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Receive an overview of how the communist system worked on multiple levels
- Learn about the details of everyday communist life in Budapest
- Participate in an personal interactive tour with skilled guides
- Begin the tour at Bambi Eszpresszó, an emblematic meeting place of the 1980's
DescriptionTake this tour and transport yourself back to the previous century for an amazing, interactive presentation of everyday life in the 1960s and through to the late 1980s. A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for history buffs, this educational tour will provide an overview of how the system worked and will give a first-hand picture of life back then contrasted with the changes of the past fifty years. Apart from entering this retro world, your skilled guides will highlight how decades of communism have impacted Hungary and the remnants of those bygone years that remain today. The program is conducted by Annamaria and Miklos and starts at Bambi Eszpresszó, a symbolic meeting place of the 1980s.
IncludesAn interactive, personal presentation, as well as some printed materials, notebooks, pens.
- Please dress appropriately to the weather conditions
- Please let the local partner know if you have any special requests. They will be happy to adapt the tour as much as they can
- You will get an interactive, personal presentation, as well as some printed materials, notebooks, pens