My Guide Website?
Budapest: Private Walking Tour of the Castle District2 Reviews
Discover the rich history of Buda’s Castle District on a private guided tour and also see what life is like today. Walk along the medieval streets, see the interior of Matthias Church, and enjoy a break for coffee with a traditional Hungarian pastry.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Budapest:If youʻre booking your trip to Budapest last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- See the main sights of the Buda Castle area
- Hear about the medieval kings who once lived here
- Visit Fisherman’s Bastion and go inside Matthias Church
- Enjoy coffee and cake at a cozy café
DescriptionMeet your guide in the historical Castle District, your private guide will lead you along the area’s cobbled medieval streets to see the main sights. The guide will bring the past of this fascinating area to life, relating stories and legends of the Castle District, and showing you hidden areas that are often overlooked on other tours. You’ll gain an insight into the historical events that have shaped the Castle District over the centuries. Learn how the area was originally laid out and built, and how it has been used over the centuries by many different cultures. See the Royal Palace, the Presidential Palace, Disz Square, Holy Trinity Square, Hess András Square, and the Fisherman’s Bastion. You’ll also have the opportunity to see inside Matthias Church, and hear about its interesting past. There will be a coffee break with a traditional Hungarian pastry along the way.
IncludesPrivate English-speaking guide Admission to Matthias Church Coffee and cake stop
- Tours operate in all weather conditions, so please dress appropriately Please wear modest clothing (covering shoulders and thighs) for entering churches. Male visitors are requested to enter with their heads bare, unless this is against their religion Diplomatic receptions in the Castle District can alter the tour route any time of the year