My Guide Website?
Budapest: Danube River Views Bike Ride13 Reviews
Enjoy a leisurely bike ride around Budapest. This 2.5-hour tour covers the Danube's most splendid attractions, including the magnificent Opera House on Budapest's grand Andrassy Avenue. Zip past the Great Synagogue and St. Stephen's Basilica too.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Budapest:If youʻre booking your trip to Budapest last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Learn all about the colorful history and culture of Budapest
- Ride across Budapest's elegant bridges
- See the sights on both sides of the River Danube
- Check out Budapest's attractions including the Opera House, Parliament, St Stephen's Basilica, and Chain Bridge
- Enjoy both Buda and Pest promenade bike lanes
DescriptionRide along Budapest's streets by bicycle on an innovative and entertaining jaunt around the Hungarian capital. Cycle along the banks of the River Danube and cruise along Andrassy Avenue; a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Check out the magnificent St. Stephen's Basilica. View Liberty Square and the Parliament building, then cross the Margit Bridge to Buda on the river's west bank. Learn about the history of Buda, a site of several sieges and conquests during the Ottoman expansion which almost decimated the city's population completely. Pass the Széchenyi Chain Bridge and the Elisabeth Bridge, which both hold fascinating stories of their own! Zip over to Clark Adam Square, the famous Hotel Gellért, and the Rudas Thermal Baths. Then cycle to Pest across Elisabeth Bridge and discover Pest downtown. The tour concludes back at Andrassy Avenue, where you can visit the majestic 19th-century Hungarian State Opera House; one of the era's most celebrated examples of European architecture. This 3-hour cycle tour is an excellent way to get a taste of the Hungarian capital's highlights before venturing out on your own to explore.
IncludesBike hire and optional helmet
- Participants should be fit and able enough for light, but mostly continuous biking with short breaks for up to 3 hours. Arrangements can be made for customers seeking a more strenuous ride
- The tour proceeds in all weather conditions, and refunds/exchanges will not be given due to adverse weather. The tour operator is not responsible for unforeseen delays or accidents