My Guide Website?
Budapest: Castle District Walk with Matthias Church Entry23 Reviews
Discover the history of Buda Castle District, from its medieval past to the present day. Take a tour of the interior of Matthias Church as you visit the top sites of the district.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Budapest:If youʻre booking your trip to Budapest last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Learn about the fascinating history of Budapest
- See the Royal Palace, the Presidential Palace and Holy Trinity Square
- Visit Matthias Church with your knowledgeable guide
- Take in breathtaking panoramic views from the Fisherman's Bastion
DescriptionThis private small-group walking tour provides an insight into the fascinating history of Buda Castle District, from medieval days to the present. Your guide will explain how Castle Hill was originally designed, and how the area was used by a number of different cultures over the centuries. You’ll have the opportunity to admire the interior of Matthias Church, and hear the stories behind the fascinating sites. During this 2-hour tour you’ll see the major landmarks and monuments of the district, including the Royal Palace, the Presidential Palace, Disz Square, Holy Trinity Square, Hess Andras Square, and the Fisherman’s Bastion and Buda Tower
IncludesEnglish-speaking licensed guide Entry to Matthias Church
- Participants will need to be sufficiently fit for light continuous walking for up to 2 hours.