My Guide Website?
Half-Day Etyek Wine Tour from Budapest with Meal363 Reviews
Enjoy a small group wine tasting tour near Budapest and savor a home-cooked meal as well. Meet with local winemakers and taste a variety of quality Hungarian wines from the family owned wine cellars.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Budapest:If youʻre booking your trip to Budapest last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Visit 2 or 3 family owned wineries in the Etyek wine region
- Taste 4 artisan Hungarian wines at each location
- Meet with the local winemakers and learn about wine making
- Enjoy a home-cooked meal at one of the local farms
DescriptionYour half-day tour begins with a pick-up at your hotel in an air-conditioned minibus. Enjoy a drive to the Etyek wine region, just a half hour outside Budapest. En route you’ll learn about Hungary’s fascinating history and hear about the country’s long and rich wine tradition. After arriving in Etyek village, you’ll visit 2 unique wineries. These small, family owned boutique wineries produce about 15,000 to 20,000 bottles of wine each year, mostly sold in selected restaurants and from their cellars. Tour the cellars and taste 4 wines at each of the wineries. Finish the day with a rustic, 3-course home-cooked meal. Savor classic Hungarian dishes and discuss your wine discoveries as you enjoy your meal, perhaps enjoying some wine with your food. After the tour and meal, you’ll be transferred back to your hotel in Budapest.
IncludesRound-trip transfers between Budapest and Etyek village by air-conditioned minibus Hotel pickup from selected downtown Budapest hotels only (please check with the activity provider before the tour) Tasting of 4 wines at each location visited 3-course home-cooked meal (starter, main dish, dessert) Snacks and finger food during the wine tastings Water English speaking local guide Small group size guaranteed
- Special food requirements are accommodated (vegetarian/gluten free) if advised before the tour
- Small group tours (up to 16 guests maximum)
- This tour has a 2 person minimum in order to go ahead. If minimum numbers are not met an alternative date will be provided