My Guide Website?
Budapest: Underground Cave Walking Tour114 Reviews
Avoid the crowds with one of Budapest's must-do attractions and let yourself get lost in the underground petrified world. Join a private small group guided walk to two underground caves and learn about their unique mineral water source.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Budapest:If youʻre booking your trip to Budapest last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore the natural cave system of Budapest
- Visit two caves, both paved and equipped with artificial lighting
- Follow a unique and extensive underground caving route
- Learn about the geological history of the region
- Climb the more than 400 stairs and 7-meter long ladder
DescriptionVenture away from the city’s beaten path to the Szemlő-hegyi and Pál-völgyi caves. Follow guides from the Hungarian Caving Association and get access to some parts of the caves that most tourists can’t enter. Go 500 meters into the two caves, which feature an unusual up-welling of warm, mineral-rich water. Learn why the Szemlő-hegyi Cave is referred to as the underground flower garden of Budapest and see its unique rock formations. Explore the interactive exhibition and educational trail. Continue to the Pál-völgyi Cave and marvel at Hungary's longest cave system, around 32 kilometers. Find stunning stalactite and stalagmite formations, and glittering calcite crystals. Experience the famous Theater Hall, renowned as an echo chamber with impressive acoustics. Finish your tour with a peek at the quarry from one of the caves' many hidden exits.
IncludesEntry fee to 2 caves English-speaking expert caving guide
- This tour is not suitable for children under the age of 5
- Closed-toe or hiking shoes are required; participants cannot attend the tour in flip-flops and high-heeled shoes
- Anyone suspected of being under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be rejected from the tour without a refund
- Participants must be able to walk up and down several flights of steep stairs without difficulty, and unfortunately, it is not possible to accommodate those with limited mobility