My Guide Website?
Budapest: Private Insider Tour of Grand Ecseri Flea Market3 Reviews
Visit Budapest’s Grand Ecseri Flea Market and learn how to haggle for souvenir bargains with an amusing local guide. Sample Hungarian fast food treats, such as langos and strudel, and rummage for Communist relics and more.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Budapest:If youʻre booking your trip to Budapest last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore Budapest's famous flea market for buyers and sellers
- Haggle for relics of the Communist days at Grand Esceri
- Learn the phrases you'll need to bargain for souvenir items
- Meet maverick characters
- Sample typical Hungarian fast food
DescriptionGet the Ecseri feeling on this 4-hour guided tour of Budapest’s best flea markets for buyers and sellers alike. Meet maverick characters and discover a fascinating array of objects from the past, including uniforms, badges, and Communist reliquaries. Meet your guide at the Jolly Presszó for the short bus ride to Grand Ecseri. Learn bargaining phrases in Hungarian and the ritual of bargaining en route. Get a brief history of Ecseri (called Tango by locals), a vast market of ancient telephones, curious gadgets and secondhand books. Going to the flea market is a journey back in time. You will see a huge variety of old objects as your guide reveals the secrets that they hide. Break for snacks of Hungarian fast food, including fresh lángos, fried meats and strudel. And take home mementos of the Communist past.
IncludesGuide Notebooks Pens
- Please note that taking pictures at the market is okay, but taking photos of people is not always welcome
- You will need to bring 2 pre-purchased bus tickets
- Only cash is accepted at the market, preferably no big notes (e.g. HUF 20,000)