My Guide Website?
Budapest: Private Communism Walking Tour with Museum Entry4 Reviews
Learn about everyday life in Budapest during the days of communism, when people drove Trabant cars and drank spirits at work. Hear about the black market and the infamous queues to buy bananas, and visit sites where revolutionary action took place.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Budapest:If youʻre booking your trip to Budapest last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Learn the in-depth communist history of Hungary
- Visit a unique exhibition about life in Budapest during the days of communism
- Hear about historical events that put Hungary on the map
- Walk to the Parliament and Liberty Square Soviet Memorial
- Gain knowledge and interesting insight from your guide
DescriptionJourney back in time and learn what life was like in Budapest during the 50 years of communist rule. Hear what it was like to live behind the Iron Curtain and how the residents negotiated everyday events, such as how to get a passport. Visit a unique museum exhibition with relics and an extensive collection of communist artifacts, and learn more about events such as the 1956 Revolution. Listen to tales of the first protests in the fight back against an unethical regime. Follow your guide to areas where the action happened, including Liberty Square and the memorial to Imre Nagy, who defied the leaders in Soviet Moscow to end on the gallows 2 years later.
IncludesGuide Hotel pickup on foot Public transportation tickets Entry to Budapest Retro Interactive Museum
- This tour involves 2 hours of continuous walking The tour operates in all weather conditions The tour program is subject to change without prior notice due to construction or city closures for events and festivals