My Guide Website?
Budapest: Óbuda, Aquincum and Szentendre Private Tour2 Reviews
Discover the old Óbuda suburb, ancient Aquincum ruins and explore the artistic town of Szentendre. Visit the unique Marzipan Museum, stroll down the charming cobbled streets. Drive to Visegrad and enjoy the view of the Danube bend.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Budapest:If youʻre booking your trip to Budapest last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover the ruins of Aquincum
- Walk around the old town of Szentendre
- Visit the unique Marzipan Museum ( incl.)
- Drive to Visegrad and enjoy the view of the Danube bend
- Visit Óbuda old suburb town of Budapest
DescriptionExplore the countryside around Budapest on this half-day tour from the city. Driving out of Budapest you will be taken back to ancient Roman times as you visit the monuments of the Aquincum settlement including the aqueduct, the Roman amphitheater, and the ruins of the city. Óbuda-Szentendre suburb is still unexplored. You wiull do it and see the Old Main Square saved among the communist time block buildings. You will then take a 30 minute drive to Szentendre, a town of artists. Here you can experience the quiet charm and romance of the village. Stroll down the cobbled streets and enjoy your free time by shopping, and visiting antique shops and many interesting art museums. A visit to the unique Marzipan Museum is included with time for coffee and cake. Options: 1, Visit the green villas’ suburb and stop at the Skanzen Open Air Museum, an unusual village museum exhibiting rural life and old customs of Central Europe. or 2, Drive further to Visegrad and enjoy the view of the river bend, the olds fort ruins of this former royal residence. In the summer months you can travel back to Budapest on a pleasant boat ride on the Danube River.
IncludesCar and driver Local guide city tour Entrance to the Marzipan Museum with guide Guide in the Skanzen Museum Parking fees
- Entrance fees to the Marzipan Museum with a guide, a guide in the Skanzen Museum and parking fees are included in the price
- Entrance ticket to the Skanzen Open Air Museum (approximately usd 8 per person, open from the beginning of May to the end of October) is not included in the price
- Please bring extra money for an optional boat ticket on the way back (USD 9 per person) and an optional horse-coach drive
- Wear comfortable walking shoes, and use sun protection in summer for walking in the Open Air Museum
- In summer you can get back to Budapest on an optional boat ride on the Danube (60 minutes). Organized by: private car or minivan (on request) Level of the tour: easy with pleasant walks Total daily drive: 50 km (31 miles)