My Guide Website?
Budapest: Memento Park and Icons of Communism Guided Tour16 Reviews
Visit Memento Park, a museum in Budapest dedicated to statues and plaques from Hungary's Communist period, on a guided tour with entry tickets. Learn about life under communism in the country.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Budapest:If youʻre booking your trip to Budapest last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- -Experience yourself the propaganda, being close to the icons of communism
- -Learn why the communist ideology had room in Hungary after the II. World War
- -Listen how a theory of Marx turned to be the worsts nightmare for millions
- -See Stalin's boots and learn why his staue was pulled down by angry Hungarians
- -learn how the manipulation worked how the brave ones could escape
DescriptionWe will meet in the city center, we will go in a private car to Memento Park (10 miles, 16 km from the city), which is a historical area, and a unique open air museum, where 41 statues icons of the communist past, Marx, Engels, Lenin, etc. were placed after the falling of the system. During our tour, you will learn how the rule of law changed when communists got power and how the propaganda machine worked. In front of Stalin's Grandstand, you can imagine how the revolting crowd pulled down the huge statue of the hated dictator. Today only the Boots of Stalin you will see which is a symbol of people's longing for freedom. You will also learn how the secret police recruited new members under Soviet rule and how an ordinary person could be intimidated. The memento park offers you also the option to take photos of these gigantic monuments so you can be with these failed heroes in the same picture. This tour has the purpose to help you to understand why communists had 40 years in power in Hungary and you will personally experience the environment of the communist dictatorship being among those giant monuments that were put on display for propaganda purposes and to manipulate the people during the time of socialism.
Includespick up at the meeting point and transport by car to Memento Park after the tour transport back to the city entrance fee to the Memento Park live English-speaking licensed guide at the museum you can take pictures at the statues park the guide will happily help if you want to be in the photo too a bottle of water
- You will be able to buy souvenirs at the shop. Pictures and postcards will be also available. Your guide will gladly take pictures of you with the statues and monuments what is free of charge.