My Guide Website?
Budapest: Guided Tour to the Hospital in the Rock & Castle69 Reviews
Go on a walking tour of the Buda Castle District with a professional tour guide. Join an extra guided tour in the caves and explore the history of the large underground bunkers during the atrocities of World War 2.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Budapest:If youʻre booking your trip to Budapest last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Feel the historical atmosphere of the oldest district of Budapest
- Admire the Gothic splendor of the Matthias Church and explore the seven towers of Fishermen's Bastion
- Explore the Royal Palace complex by walking around its courtyards
- Enjoy the stunning views of the Danube River and its bridges
- Join a guided tour of the unique Rock Hospital Cave Museum and Atomic Bunker
DescriptionStart at the Holy Trinity Statue, from where you walk around the magnificent Matthias Church. Admire the Fishermen's Bastion, a fantastic fairy tale structure offering the best view over the Danube and the Hungarian Parliament building. Head to the President's Palace and the Royal Palace complexes and walk around the courtyards and fountains, and look at the proud guards outside the palace. Walk back from the Royal Palace, and explore the other side of the castle. From the medieval walls, you have an excellent view towards the Buda Hills - the western part of the city with its forests and nature parks. After the guided walking tour enjoy a few minutes break in the entrance hall of the Hospital in the Rock Museum. Receive a skip-the-line ticket from your tour guide and who will help you to join your scheduled visit to the museum. This will be the most exciting part of your tour. Have a 1-hour guided tour in the 'Hospital in the Rock' WW2 underground bunker museum. This place used to be a secret military hospital hidden deep down below the Buda Castle. The hospital is part of a system of natural caves and tunnels, that stretches over nearly six miles. The museum that is located in the old rooms of the hospital was established to preserve its rich history. See many rooms exhibiting hundreds of lifelike wax figures and showing you the story of the underground hospital, that was then turned into an atomic bunker during World War 2. Follow your guide through the tunnels of this place and get a feeling of what life during these times, especially as a wounded soldier must have looked like.
IncludesEnglish-speaking tour guide Private or small group Castle district walking tour Entry to the Hospital in the Rock Museum and a 1-hour guided tour
- Note that taking photos in the Rock Hospital museum is not allowed Please note that children under the age of 6 are not allowed to visit the Hospital in the Rock museum. There are a few steps in the Rock Hospital, but most of it can be visited even with a wheelchair If for any unexpected reason the guided tour is not offered in English, written English language documents are always provided during the tour