My Guide Website?
Budapest Grand Half-Day Jewish Heritage Tour56 Reviews
The biggest Jewish community in Eastern Europe is in Budapest. Get an look into their rich cultural, historical and religious heritage. Hungarian and Jewish culture have been intertwined for many centuries and it still is.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Budapest:If youʻre booking your trip to Budapest last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- See the largest synagogue in Europe- Dohány Synagogue
- Experience a guided tour of the Jewish Museum
- Explore Raul Wallenberg Memorial Park and its beautiful Tree of Life
- See the New Jewish Quarter
- Visit the Carl Lutz Memorial, Rumbach Street Synagogue, Király Street, and Gozsdu Courtyard-- the best of Jewish heritage in Budapest
- Visit Kazinczy Street Synagogue
DescriptionThe first part of the Grand Tour includes the whole Essential Tour (Dohány Street Synagogue, Jewish Museum, Martyrs’ Cemetery, Raoul Wallenberg Memorial Park, Tree of Life, Heroes' Temple, Jewish Center). After a break, continue your walk through the Jewish Quarter, on the streets of the former Ghetto, which hosts synagogues, monuments, kosher restaurants, and kosher shops. While your guide tells you important facts and local stories of this area, you also get basic information about Budapest. During your journey you will visit the Memorial Park dedicated to Carl Lutz, who is also known as 'Hungary’s Schindler”, then you pass by the famous Gozsdu Passage. The third station of the Synagogue Triangle is the Kazinczy Street Synagogue (interior visit), which is one of the largest operating orthodox synagogues in Europe, built in art-nouveau style. At the end of the tour, you have 2 options: you can accept the invitation to have a cake in the glatt kosher Fröhlich confectionery or you can receive 10% discount in the glatt kosher Carmel restaurant.
IncludesProfessional guide throughout entire tour Entrance fees to the Jewish Museum, Dohány Street Synagogue, Raoul Wallenberg Memorial Park, Kazinczy Street Synagogue Cake in the glatt kosher Fröhlich confectionery or 10% off your order at the glatt kosher Carmel Restaurant
- Stops on the tour:
- Dohány Street Synagogue and its interior
- Jewish Museum, with local guiding
- Raoul Wallenberg Park- Holocaust Memorial Park
- Tree of Life
- Temple of Heroes (outside visit)
- Jewish Centre
- Rumbach Synagogue (outside visit)
- Carl Lutz Memorial
- Madách Square- Gozsdu Passage
- Orthodox Jewish Quarte
- Kazinczy Street Synagogue (inside visit)
- Cake and coffee in a kosher confectionary, plus 10% discount at Carmel Restaurnt with lunch option