My Guide Website?
Budapest: German Walking Tour in the Buda Castle District44 Reviews
Explore the beautiful Castle District of Budapest on a guided walking tour. See the Matthias Church, the Fisherman's Bastion, and the former Royal Castle while hearing about the history of the city.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Budapest:If youʻre booking your trip to Budapest last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Step back in time as you explore the Old Town of Budapest with a guide
- Discover Budapest's former royal district with its striking Baroque Castle
- Wander along the cobble-stone streets of this UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Marvel at the second largest church of medieval Buda, Matthias Church
- See ancient buildings and learn about the history of the city as you walk
DescriptionVisit the Buda Castle District on a guided walking tour in Budapest. Learn about the history of this district and see popular sights including the Mary Magdalene Tower, Sándor Palace, and more. Meet your guide near the Vienna Gate, in the heart of the Castle District. Then, set out to explore the Old Town, passing by important historical buildings as you go. See the Mary Magdalene Tower, Matthias Church, the Fisherman's Bastion, and the old Café Ruszwurm, one of Europe's oldest pastry shops, and learn about each of these sights from your guide. Your walking tour continues to the old buildings of Buda Castle which once housed government offices and ministries. Admire the Royal Stables, Sándor Palace, and the Royal Castle, and glimpse the Castle Funicular. Your tour comes to an end outside the Budapest Castle Bazaar. Feel free to keep exploring on your own from here, visiting the nearby Chain Bridge or the Royal Gardens.
IncludesLive tour guiding Budapest Restaurantguide (digital issue, 12 sites)
- The sights visited are only viewed from the outside