My Guide Website?
Budapest: Food and Wine Tastings Tour23 Reviews
Explore the food culture of Budapest on a walking tour. Admire the produce on display at the indoor Central Market Hall and discover artisan food stores in the surrounding neighborhoods. Then, take part in a wine tasting session.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Budapest:If youʻre booking your trip to Budapest last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Eat and drink like a local at 4 or 5 different venues in Budapest
- Learn the history of the large Central Market Hall
- Hear how signature ingredients are used in Hungarian cooking
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour that is perfect for first-time visitors
DescriptionGet acquainted with Hungarian food and marvel at all the produce at the large Central Market Hall. Learn the history of the building and discuss the food culture of Hungary with your guide. Hear how the locals use ingredients such as pork fat, paprika and goose liver. Then, venture into the surrounding neighborhoods and visit a spice shop, kosher bakery, coffee house, candy producer or artisan chocolate shop, depending on the day of the week. Sample typical dishes at a butcher's shop and go to a traditional patisserie to taste the elegant cakes. End with a wine tasting of 3 essential wines from the different wine regions of Hungary.
IncludesEnglish-speaking guide Bottle of mineral water per participant Generous food and drink tastings Visit to the Central Market Hall and 4 to 5 additional venues Stops to take photos, ask questions and do some food shopping
- This tour is available any day of the week (rain or shine) except for Sundays and Hungarian national holidays as some venues are closed
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The small group option is for a minimum of 2 participants and a maximum of 8 participants. Private tours can be customized and should be requested on booking
- Although there will be plenty of eating breaks, be prepared to cover a lot of ground on your feet during the tour • Unfortunately this tour is not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not at least 2 participants to meet these requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund