My Guide Website?
Budapest: Essentials of Hungarian Wine Tasting Class64 Reviews
Delight in a crash course on Hungary’s increasingly fabulous wines, featuring a sommelier-led evening tasting of 8 fine wines paired with a selection of food pairings.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Budapest:If youʻre booking your trip to Budapest last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Take a 2-hour guided tasting with a sommelier
- Engage in a crash course in Hungarian wine regions, history, varietals, characteristics, and styles
- Sample a curated selection of fine, carefully-chosen Hungarian wines, mostly from small producers
- Indulge in food pairings consisting of local Hungarian delicacies
DescriptionThe guide guided tastings you will encounter in this tour feature a carefully curated selection of 8 Hungarian wines. Together they will distill the wide range of Hungarian wine into a comprehensible story, which is hoped will be just the beginning of your Hungarian wine experience. Over 2 hours you will get a good overview of Hungarian wine, including the history, the major regions, the important varietals, unique characteristics and styles, and promising trends. The wine is bought directly from the producers, who your guides have gotten to know well over the years. Every wine you will taste during the course of the tasting will be there for a reason, and by the session’s end you will have a good understanding of Hungary’s place in the world of wine, and plenty of good wine in your belly. This tasting is designed for anyone with an interest in wine, who would like to know more about the relatively unknown wines of Hungary. There will be a total of eight wines, beginning with an aperitif, followed by reds and whites (and perhaps a rosé), and ending with a sweet botrytised Tokaj aszú wine.
IncludesGuided tasting led by a sommelier 8 wines, mineral water, and food pairings consisting of local Hungarian flavors Tasting sheets so you can take notes, with a map of the Hungarian wine regions
- This tasting is available on most evenings from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- The legal drinking age is 18 in Hungary, so anyone aged 18 and above is welcome to participate
- Minimum numbers of 2 apply, there is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough guests to meet requirements (in the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund)