My Guide Website?
Budapest: Cat Museum Budapest Entry Ticket143 Reviews
Discover the purrfect destination for cat lovers with an entry ticket to Cat Museum Budapest. Meet and pet the resident cats as you explore the interactive art exhibition dedicated to felines.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Budapest:If youʻre booking your trip to Budapest last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover a variety of captivating cat-inspired artworks
- Relax in the company of beautiful and friendly cats
- Take creative photos at the Egyptian and Japanese Photo Walls
- Grab a hot drink or a refresher as you explore the art collection
- Learn more about cats throughout history, and their biology
DescriptionVisit the Cat Museum Budapest and meet new feline friends as you explore the interactive art exhibition dedicated to cats. Admire works by a variety of local and international artists as you explore the exhibition with a hot drink, and take your time to pet the residents. Upon entry, grab a drink and first discover the lower level of the museum, which focuses on the theme of 'Cats in the World'. Admire playful re-imaginings of famous paintings’ where cats take center stage. See a variety of antique and contemporary depictions of cats. Upstairs, see a beautiful porcelain collection consisting of works by Zsolnay, Herendi, Hollóházy, and some international pieces. In the Jungle Room, learn more about the biological traits of cats and their various breeds. Enjoy a variety of interactive exhibits like the Egyptian Photo Wall, you can take a picture of yourself as a souvenir with some photo props and the selfie stand. In the Children’s Corner, the kids can make use of coloring equipment to draw and create their own cat-inspired art. You can also watch some short movie screenings and test your knowledge of cats with a tablet quiz. If you score high enough, you can choose a souvenir from the gift shop. Of course, enjoy plenty of time to get to know the resident cats of the museum. Take some time to pet and interact with your newfound friends in a calm and relaxed environment.
IncludesEntry ticket to the Cat Museum Budapest Audio-guided visit
- Due to the convenience of our cats and the guests, the minimum age required for entry is 8 years old. Dogs are not allowed inside. For the health of the cats, you will need to remove your shoes. Indoor slippers are available at the entrance. Hand disinfection is mandatory before petting the cats, disinfectant is available at the counter.