My Guide Website?
Budapest: Budapest Retro Interactive Museum Ticket72 Reviews
Step back in time to the communist era with a ticket to the interactive museum Budapest Retro Erlebnispark. Have fun as you uncover what life was really like behind the iron curtain.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Budapest:If youʻre booking your trip to Budapest last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Enjoy interactive time travel back into the communist era in Budapest
- Uncover what life was actually like before the fall of the iron curtain
- Have fun with numerous interactive exhibits from the communist era
- Discover a range of refreshing retro drinks and dishes at the museum bistro
- Climb into a LADA police car and play some music on a jukebox from the 70s
DescriptionEnjoy a blast from the past with this ticket to the Budapest Retro Erlebnispark museum downtown Budapest and experience interactive time travel back to the Communist era. Discover a 3-story exhibition that takes you back to the decades before the change of the regimes in Hungary. Patrol in a real LADA police car from the eighties, or try out being a newscaster in the studio of the contemporary Híradó. See what Bertalan Farkas took with him into space and listen to contemporary jokes or cabaret in the phone booths. Make yourself a retro card with your own photo (available to purchase) and relax at the museum's Retro bistro where you can buy numerous retro drinks and dishes like the fried Debreceni sausage, eat a too-sweet punch mignon, and then wash it all down with a good Márka cherry or a Kőbányai beer. Be transported as you play some tunes on a a jukebox from 1971. Relive the memory of limo powder that no one put in the water and learn about the most retro summer drink, Bambi. Complete your trip down nostalgia lane with Turbo chewing gum and the rooster lollipop, or try the type of alcoholic jelly Bertalan Farkas took into space.
IncludesAdmission ticket to Budapest Retro Erlebnispark
- The suggested duration of a visit is 1–2 hours The museum is closed on January 1st and December 24th, 25th, and 26th Every Wednesday, we offer all our dear senior guests a free coffee, who buys a senior ticket (65+) to our museum Please be aware that the price may vary depending of the day in the week