My Guide Website?
Budapest: Buda Castle Vampires & Myths Evening Walking Tour1072 Reviews
Enjoy a 2-hour historical-ridden walking tour by night at Buda Castle. Let your Gothic-adorned narrator tell you stories of war, battles of medieval Budapest, vampires and folk stories from Hungary.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Budapest:If youʻre booking your trip to Budapest last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover the bloody side of Hungarian history
- See the faces of two of the most famous figures believed to be vampires in the kingdom of Hungary, Vlad Dracula and Elizabeth Báthory
- Experience the stunning dark and magical atmosphere of Buda Castle at night
- Enjoy one of the most intimate night walks you might experience
DescriptionAway from the crowds of Pest, this informative and educational tour takes you to some of the charming, magical places of the city where Hungarian rulers once toiled deep into the night at the Buda Castle. Hear stories of cruelty and learn the despicable actions of Elizabeth Bathory, the bloody countess. You will also learn how the Romanian prince, Vlad Dracula ended up in the prison of Buda Castle. Join your Gothic-attired guide as they take you on a 2-hour walking tour of the city by night. Learn the history of Old Hungary where, according to legend, 'vampires' were born and roamed the streets during this dark period of European history.
IncludesWalking tour Guide
- This tour does not visit the interior of any buildings During the walking tour, you will be allowed to take photos only. Short videos are permitted, but long video and audio recordings are prohibited during the walking tour The tour starts from the meeting point and includes an uphill walk. You will follow the long slope leading up to the castle starting from the bottom with several story-time stops along the way During renovations of the area, the stairs may be used