My Guide Website?
Budapest: Buda Castle Guided Tour with St. Stephen's Hall67 Reviews
Discover 800 years of history as you embark on a guided walking tour in Budapest. Explore the highlights of Buda Castle and venture into St. Stephen's Hall, an ornate room restored to its original royal splendor.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Budapest:If youʻre booking your trip to Budapest last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Wander through narrow corridors and cobbled courtyards at Buda Castle
- Marvel at panoramic views of the city from the Palace set atop Várhegy Hill
- Hear fascinating tales about kings and queens, love, passion, war, and more
- Explore the recently restored interior of St. Stephen's Hall with your guide
- Discover an opulent space that showcases Hungarian craftsmanship at its finest
DescriptionJoin a walking tour of the Buda Castle District and uncover 800 years of fascinating history. Hear interesting stories, marvel at breathtaking views, and visit the opulent St. Stephen's Hall, all in the company of a knowledgeable guide. Head to the meeting point and get ready to discover one of the main symbols of the city of Budapest. Wander through the Castle's outdoor courts, see statues and fountains, and admire panoramic views of the city below. Listen as your guide takes you on a journey through the past, from the Golden Age to the siege of Budapest during the Second World War. Learn about the communist era that followed and find out how the Palace was restored. Finally, make your way inside St. Stephen's Hall, the only part of the Palace interior that has been fully and faithfully restored to its former glory after being looted and destroyed during World War II. End your tour with a deeper appreciation of the importance of Buda Castle and understand why the Buda Castle District has been designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
IncludesWalking tour St. Stephen's Hall entry ticket Guide Headsets to hear your guide
- This tour has an outdoor component (1 hour) and an indoor component (0,5 hour) and takes place rain or shine. The tour will begin on time and latecomers cannot be accommodated