My Guide Website?
Budapest: Buda Castle Cave Walking Tour1635 Reviews
Explore the labyrinth cave system under the Buda Castle District as you learn about the history and unique geology of the caverns.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Budapest:If youʻre booking your trip to Budapest last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover the mystical cave system underneath the Buda Castle
- Learn about the geology and the unique history of the area
- Marvel at the natural limestone caverns and 800-year-old man-made cellars
- Participate in a true time travel in one of the most extraordinary caves of Hungary
DescriptionExplore a part of the network of underground tunnels under Castle Hill with your guide. Learn more about the history and role of the cave tunnels and their geology. Admire the natural limestone and the manpower that went into creating this labyrinth cave system. Meet for the cave tour either at Trinity Square (Szentháromság tér) or for the shorter tour option at Dárda Street, where you enter the Buda Castle underground cave system. After a short introduction, you will start your tour and learn about the history of the labyrinth-like of the cave system which once served as wine cellars, bomb shelters, and even a medieval prison. Admire the natural limestone caverns and the 800-year-old man-made cellars in one of the most unique caves of Hungary. The tour is a journey through time during where you will be able to learn a lot about not only the geology of the Buda Castle but also about the combined work of man and nature throughout many centuries.
- The temperature inside the cave is 12°C (54°F) so please dress accordingly The regular walking tour route is roughly 1.5 km (1 mile) long. The tours take place in a cave on paved roads with lighting Caves do not have cell phone service Your clothes and shoes may get dirty when you lean on walls or if the road gets a bit muddy Children under the age of 3 are not permitted to join this tour The tour is not recommended for people with mobility issues or with claustrophobia This tour is unfortunately not accessible for wheelchair users Customers under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be turned away by the tour guide without a refund By entering the cave all participants automatically accept full compliance with the tour guide's instructions, including adherence to all written and/or verbal regulations and prohibitions.