My Guide Website?
Budapest: Adventure Caving Tour with Guide391 Reviews
Climb and crawl through Budapest’s longest cave system on a caving experience in the Danube-Ipoly National Park. Discover the source of Budapest’s hot springs, and marvel at the limestone rock formations left behind by geological activity.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Budapest:If youʻre booking your trip to Budapest last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore the longest cave of Hungary, the Pál-völgyi-Mátyás-hegyi cave system
- Scramble over rocks and crawl through passages in a nature-made playground
- Take on an adventurous tour for those who are ready to go off the beaten track
- Travel alongside guides who are members of the Hungarian Caving Association
- Learn about the geology of Budapest's thermal springs and hydrothermal caves
DescriptionExperience the natural splendors of the Danube-Ipoly National Park, and climb and crawl your way through Hungary’s longest cave system on a half-day caving expedition. No prior experience of caving is needed to get the most out of this adventure. Famous for its hot springs, Budapest is visited by many people who want to experience the thermal baths. But only a few know that the hot water rushing up from deep underground created something even more extraordinary. In the limestone mountains under Budapest, the heated water formed a huge cave system that is thought to be more than 200 kilometers long. The longest cave of Budapest is the 32 kilometers long Pál-völgyi-Mátyás-hegyi cave system in the Duna-Ipoly National Park. It’s a multi-level labyrinth system where most of the chambers lie under the residential districts of Budapest. The scheduled cave tours are guided by qualified caving guides. During the adventure, you will climb on walls and crawl through narrow passages. Marvel at the natural parts of the cave under the supervision of a professional caving guide (all guides are qualified members of the Hungarian Caving Association). Enjoy the perfect activity for groups, families, or solo travelers looking to make some new friends. Bond through an interactive adventure, where cooperation can definitely make your way easier.
IncludesCave entry fee Caving guide Helmet and lamp Protective overalls
- This tour is not suitable for those under the age of 8 and over the age of 55
- You must be physically fit and able to climb and crawl for 2.5 hours
- If needed, you can change clothes in the changing room
- This is not an outdoor experience; it doesn't depend on the weather. The temperature is permanently 10°C (50°F) in the cave
- No prior caving experience needed